Intern Spotlight: Sung-Yeh Nordquist

Sung-Yeh Nordquist ’16 is a Culinary Arts major interning at Ausable Club near Keene Valley, New York.

Q: How are you putting your SUNY Cobleskill education to use in your internship?

Being exposed to kitchen equipment and concepts that I wouldn’t ordinarily use at home in culinary classes and labs at SUNY Cobleskill have helped me to be more competent in my internship at Ausable Club. In addition, certain recipes made in culinary labs and the farm-to-table concept has been utilized at my internship.

nordquist intern selfie

I’m not sure where I want to go in life after this — there are many possibilities, but culinary will always be a part of my life.

Q: How does this internship fit into your educational and career paths?

This internship is the most “culinary” job I’ve ever had. There is also an emphasis on “homemade” and ‘seasonality’ of foods. I’m not sure where I want to go in life after this — there are many possibilities, but culinary will always be a part of my life. I’m glad I went on this culinary and college path. And I’m glad that I am doing my summer internship at the Ausable Club.

Communications & Marketing

The Office of Communications and Marketing advocates for SUNY Cobleskill. The office’s mission is to enhance the College’s public image, increase awareness of SUNY Cobleskill’s accomplishments, and assure consistency of image and quality in all College communications

You May Also Like