Intern Spotlight: Noor Alsharafi

Noor Alsharafi ’16 is a Business Administration major interning at Marimba One in California.

Q: How are you putting your SUNY Cobleskill education to use in your internship?

As a Business Administration graduate, I have learned many skills. Not only have I been  prepared to work efficiently with different skills such as accounting, business communications, management, and etc., but also I have learned how I can work with teams and individually. Most importantly, I have learned how to work ethically, how to love what I do, and how to be disciplined in my work. My professors give me a hand on assignments which helped me to practice what I was studying under their supervision. I enjoyed all my business classes, and they really helped me a lot in my internship.

Q: How does this internship fit into your educational and career paths?

In my opinion, it’s so important to do an internship before graduating. It’s a real-world experience. In my career path, it will help me to build my resume, and have more business connections. I am learning a new skill every day. The internship is the first step into my career path. With the internship, I feel that I am growing professionally.

Noor1

The internship is the first step into my career path. With the internship, I feel that I am growing professionally.

My education is adding value to my position. For example, As Assistant Business Analyst,  Operation Management class taught me about business practices, how companies can achieve their goals, and how any business controls different operations to maximize their profit. I did a lot of production report in my internship which is very similar what I have learned in my classes at SUNY Cobleskill.

Being an international student at SUNY Cobleskill and doing my internship at Marimba One helped me a lot to grow professionally. All in all, I am so thankful to have this experience.

Communications & Marketing

The Office of Communications and Marketing advocates for SUNY Cobleskill. The office's mission is to enhance the College's public image, increase awareness of SUNY Cobleskill's accomplishments, and assure consistency of image and quality in all College communications

You May Also Like