Intern Spotlight: Romario Nicholas

Romario Nicholas ’16 is a Business Administration major interning at the United Nations Development Programme.

Q: How are you putting your SUNY Cobleskill education to use in your internship?

With the expertise of the Professors of SUNY Cobleskill in conjunction with the meaningful projects, assignments, etc., my education has prepared me for the intricate requirements of my current internship. Learning and becoming more adept at using Microsoft Excel was critical at SUNY Cobleskill, and even more valuable in my internship.

Class presentations from management classes prepared me with the presentation skills I use to present my findings to my supervisor. Classes requiring the utmost ability to be detail-oriented (ex. Technical Communication) helped to be precise in all aspects of communication in my internship. Overall, the business classes I’ve taken requiring astute analysis both in and outside of class equipped me with the ability to be methodical in all aspects of work that I do.

Romario

The business classes I’ve taken requiring astute analysis both in and outside of class equipped me with the ability to be methodical in all aspects of work that I do.

Q: How does this internship fit into your educational and career paths?

This internship is a stepping stone for me in the multifaceted function of Human Resources. This specific role enables me to learn more about how important employee engagement is in the context of HR. The internship itself provides me with resources to learn more about an organization that promotes mobility amongst staff members in different parts of the world, which is a path that I aim to pursue. It also allows me to garner a deeper understanding of the significance my role plays in a global setting as well as other HR roles within the organization.

Finally, it will serve as a key reference tool for future conversations within the subject of Human Resources Management as well as prepare me with some of the prerequisite knowledge of pressing issues that managers face in HR which will make my experience at graduate school rewarding.

Communications & Marketing

The Office of Communications and Marketing advocates for SUNY Cobleskill. The office's mission is to enhance the College's public image, increase awareness of SUNY Cobleskill's accomplishments, and assure consistency of image and quality in all College communications

You May Also Like