SUNY Cobleskill Grad Mark Benoit Featured in The Atlantic

In “Back From Afghanistan, and Straight to the Greenhouse,” The Atlantic profiles SUNY Cobleskill alumnus Mark Benoit ’14.

From the article:

I was in full battle rattle: You have all your kit on—your pack, your rifle, everything, and so I was just sweating like there was no tomorrow. I pulled down my binoculars while we were digging, and I saw this guy with a pitchfork digging. I thought, “This is not good,” because normally when you see guys digging over there, they’re putting roadside bombs down.

I was watching him, and he was just digging an irrigation ditch. He walked over and moved this clump of clay and water ran down all his fields and I thought, “Wow.” I’m up here digging with a pickaxe, and this guy is down there [with] a nice cool breeze, watering his crops, just having a great day. I thought that was something I could get into. And so I did.

Read the full interview in The Atlantic >>

Communications & Marketing

The Office of Communications and Marketing advocates for SUNY Cobleskill. The office’s mission is to enhance the College’s public image, increase awareness of SUNY Cobleskill’s accomplishments, and assure consistency of image and quality in all College communications

You May Also Like