The SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association has collaborated with Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI), to create an oral history of the College. The collection of stories will be available for purchase from PCI in a special digital/print publication. While there is a fee to purchase the printed book and SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association branded merchandise, no purchase is necessary to contribute to the Oral History project. SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association will also obtain digital copies of your stories which will be included in our archives for years to come. SUNY Cobleskill partnered with PCI in 2016 on the alumni directory and is pleased to be partnering with them once again.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Alumni Office at (518) 255-5524 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we have only shared contact information with PCI in conjunction with this project. We have NOT sold contact information, or otherwise used it for outside marketing purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about SUNY Cobleskill. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association to hear about your personal experiences and explain how SUNY Cobleskill has helped shape your lives.
- Does SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
a. Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
b. Legacy – preserves the history of our school
c. Revenue – generates donation revenue for alumni programs
d. Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at SUNY Cobleskill. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com.
- I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
- I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
- I’d like to add / remove info from my story.
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits.
- Can anyone purchase a book?
The SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association Oral History Publication is available for sale only to SUNY Cobleskill alumni.
- I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take care of this for you.