MADISON, WIS. – State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology (SUNY Cobleskill) captured top honors with the overall team title in the International Post-Secondary Dairy Cattle Judging Contest on Monday, October 2.
Kennedy Crothers led the team as the first-place individual overall and eighth individual in reasons. Teammates, Matthew Currie, Josh Chrisholm and Kaylah Gulley took third, thirteenth and twentieth overall, respectively, helping the team soar to the top and place third in reasons. Kaskaskia College placed second overall and in reasons, and was led by Avery Kotlarczyk, second individual overall and fifth in reasons. Rounding out the top five teams were: Michigan State University Ag Tech, Highland Community College and Modesto Junior College.
Top Ten Teams – Overall:
- SUNY Cobleskill, 2,156, team members: Kaylah Gulley, Kennedy Crothers, Josh Chisholm and Matthew Currie, coached by Carrie Edsall
- Kaskaskia College, 2,113, team members: Morgan Olbrich, Hadley Ehlers, Avery Kotlarczyk and Kaleb Kruse, coached by Aaron Heinzmann
- Michigan State University Ag Tech, 2,086, team members: Hope McAlvey, Cameron Cook, Julee Tellkamp and Morgan Luoma, coached by Joe Domecq and Sarah Black
- Highland Community College, 2,062, team members: Charlie Elliott, Bria Koester and Andrea Willing, coached by Kristi Dinderman
- Modesto Junior College, 2,038, team members: Heidi Omlin, Caroline Lee, Nicky Sanders and Anneke Jacobi, coached by Bill Hobby
- University of Minnesota Crookston, 2,028, team members: Malia Martin, Kaylan Risacher and Shawn Wegman, coached by Lyle Westrom
- Alfred State College, 2,022, team members: Brooke Soffer, Randall Reinshagen, Kyle Darling and Elizabeth Drake, coached by Dorothea Fritzsimmons
- Northeast Iowa Community College, 2,009, team members: Graham Ormiston, Nick Bagge, Thomas Lehmann and Rachel Selke, coached by Schmitt, Kriegel & Lawstuen
- Morrisville State College, 1,998, team members: Tabitha Phillips, Timothy Carson Allyson Bunnell and Michael Rizzo, coached by Ashley Adams
- University of Guelph – Ridgetown Campus, 1,997, team members: Chris Aitchison, Dirk Bousfield, Ashley Fisher and Charlene Vellenga, coached by Gail Carpenter
The International Post-Secondary Dairy Cattle Judging Contest is made possible through the generous support of Platinum Level Sponsor Monsanto; Gold Sponsors DeLaval, Inc. and Westway Feed Products; and additional supporters.
For over five decades, the global dairy industry has been meeting in Madison, Wis. for World Dairy Expo. Crowds of nearly 75,000 people from more than 100 countries attended the annual event in 2016. WDE will return Oct. 3-7, 2017 as attendees and exhibitors are encouraged to “Discover New Dairy Worlds.”
In the News